This Tuesday is Shrove Tuesday aka Pancake Day! So today I have for you a tried and tested eggless English pancake recipe. Now Pancake Day is the time for Christians to use up certain ingredients before the fast of Lent begins, however as a Vaishnava, it is a great excuse to prepare a tasty offering for Lord Krishna and relish eggless pancake prashad with the family.
Pick up these simple ingredients to make a batch of delicious Eggless English Pancakes to serve 8
100g Plain flour
100ml sweetened condensed milk (egg replacer)
Butter or olive oil for frying
- Sift flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and add condensed milk .
- Wisk together and gradually add the milk to make a smooth, runny batter.
- Place a none-stick frying pan on medium heat & add butter or oil.
- Poor a full ladle of batter into the frying pan and quickly tilt the pan to create a evenly thin and round layer.
- Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute until golden brown.
- Use a palette knife to carefully flip the pancake and cook for a further 20 to 45 seconds.
- Slide pancake onto a plate and serve with sugar and lemon, folded into triangles or simply rolled up.